Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm the weatherman

Every morning when my gf awakes from her deep, drool filled slumber she'll turn to me and ask "What's the weather today?" While it's true I usually do have an idea of the temperature, my answer never seems to suffice, which leaves me wondering, why ask in the 1st place then? Given my lack of meteorology training, I'll answer to the best of my ability which consist of the general responses of hot, warm, chilly, or cold. To which my sweet, never annoying gf will reply "How hot or how cold?" She assumes I know the exact temperature the instant I wake up as if I were Al Roker doing the weather on the Today show. I guess this would be the response she expects; sweetie, today's high will reach 76 degrees with a 60% chance of thunderstorms. An area of low pressure is moving across the coast so expect an inch of precipiatation starting around 7pm tonight. Have a great day at work.
Here's the kicker, when I look up the weather and tell her the temperature, she'll ask "what's that in celcius?"

No comments:

Post a Comment