Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What does your email address say about you?

Although my gf has not been a teenager for nearly a decade she only recently upgraded to an "adult" email account. You know what I'm talking about, right? Everyone is guilty of it...that first ever email address you created. If you are female and Asian I'm 99% certain that your address contained at least one of the following words: angel, baby, sweetie, lil, or cutie. If you really put some thought into the creative process you probably ended up with something like xLiLcuTeAnGeLx@aol.com. Well my gf was definitely part of the rule, not the exception on this one. Fortunately, after much prodding from myself and some friends, she agreed to join the rest of the world and signed up for a gmail account with a mature sounding address in the format of doe.jane@gmail.com. It's a step forward, but I have a feeling that getting her to act her age will be a lot more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment