Friday, December 4, 2009

Hypocrite

Back in March I decided to buy a Xootr MG kick scooter after researching about efficient and convenient alternative modes of transportation. When I brought the scooter home and proudly showed off my new purchase to my gf she laughed in my face and reprimanded me for acting like a child. I tried explaining to her that the Xootr MG was no ordinary kid's scooter, but rather what TIME magazine calls "the Rolls Royce of scooters." As usual my argument was rebuffed and my gf continued to mock me for the next few days. Little did I know, my scooter would soon become shared property as my gf asked to ride it whenever we went grocery shopping or walked to the car. Before I knew it she was monopolizing my scooter, which she had labeled as a "kid's toy." While outside together, the only time I was allowed to utilize it was with her clinging onto my back while riding tandem. Tandem meaning, her standing directly behind me with me pushing a combined weight of 280 lbs...I thought I was going to die on some of the uphill streets.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that my scooter was stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment